Form 10D is a crucial document used to claim family pension, and it is an integral part of the pension process for eligible individuals. Family pension is provided to the family members of a deceased employee who was covered under the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) under the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) in India. Form 10D serves as an application for obtaining the family pension.
Below is a comprehensive guide on the documents required for Form 10D and how to submit the form to claim family pension:
Documents Required for Form 10D:
- Application Form 10D: This is the main form that needs to be duly filled and signed by the eligible family member(s) who are claiming the family pension. The form collects essential information such as the deceased employee’s details, family member details, and pension details.
- Death Certificate: A copy of the death certificate of the employee is required as proof of the demise.
- Dependent Family Member Proof: Documents such as marriage certificates, birth certificates, or any other legal proof establishing the relationship between the deceased employee and the family members claiming the pension. This is important to verify the eligibility of the claimants.
- Family Member’s Identity Proof: Identity proofs of the family members applying for the family pension, such as Aadhar card, PAN card, or voter ID card.
- Bank Account Details: Bank account details, including the bank account number, IFSC code, and the name of the bank branch, are necessary for disbursing the family pension amount.
- Canceled Cheque: A canceled cheque from the bank account in which the family pension is to be deposited. This is to ensure accurate fund transfer.
- Employee’s EPF Account Details: Details of the employee’s Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account, including the Universal Account Number (UAN), are required to verify the employment history.
- Nomination Details: If the deceased employee had nominated family members for receiving pension benefits in the event of their demise, these details need to be provided.
- Medical Certificate: In cases where the death of the employee is due to illness, a medical certificate may be required to establish the cause of death.
How to Submit Form 10D Pension Form:
- Obtain Form 10D: Form 10D can be obtained from the official website of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) or from your employer’s HR department.
- Fill Out the Form: Carefully fill out all the required information in Form 10D. Double-check the details to ensure accuracy.
- Attach Documents: Attach all the necessary documents mentioned above, including the death certificate, dependent family member proof, identity proofs, bank account details, canceled cheque, and any other supporting documents.
- Submit to EPFO: Submit the filled and signed Form 10D along with the attached documents to the nearest regional EPFO office. Ensure that all required copies of documents are submitted.
- Acknowledgment Receipt: The EPFO office will provide an acknowledgment receipt after receiving your application. Keep this receipt safe as it may be required for future reference.
- Verification and Processing: The EPFO will verify the documents and information provided. If everything is in order, they will process the application for family pension.
- Disbursement of Family Pension: Once the application is approved, the family pension amount will be disbursed to the nominated bank account of the eligible family member(s).
|Action||What to Do||What Not to Do|
|Obtain Form 10D||Obtain Form 10D from the official EPFO website or your employer’s HR department.||Don’t use outdated or unofficial versions of the form.|
|Fill Out Form 10D||Fill out the form accurately with complete and correct information.||Don’t leave any required fields blank.|
|Attach Supporting Documents||Attach required documents such as death certificate, dependent family member proof, identity proofs, bank account details, and canceled cheque.||Don’t submit incomplete or unclear photocopies of documents.|
|Verify Family Member Details||Ensure that all family member details are correctly mentioned, including their relationship with the deceased employee.||Don’t provide incorrect or inaccurate family member information.|
|Provide Accurate Bank Account Details||Provide accurate bank account details for pension disbursement, including bank account number, IFSC code, and bank branch name.||Don’t provide incorrect or invalid bank account information.|
|Check Form for Accuracy||Double-check the filled form for accuracy and ensure that all fields are correctly filled.||Don’t rush through the form without verifying the information provided.|
|Submit to Nearest Regional EPFO Office||Submit the filled and signed Form 10D along with the attached documents to the nearest regional EPFO office.||Don’t submit the form to unauthorized or unofficial entities.|
|Keep Acknowledgment Receipt Safe||Safely keep the acknowledgment receipt provided by the EPFO office upon submission.||Don’t lose the acknowledgment receipt, as it may be required for future reference.|
|Follow Up if No Communication||If you don’t receive any communication within a reasonable time, follow up with the EPFO office to inquire about the status of your application.||Don’t assume everything is proceeding smoothly without any follow-up.|
|Verify Current Submission Process and Requirements||Regularly check the official EPFO website or contact the regional EPFO office to verify the current submission process and requirements.||Don’t rely solely on outdated information or assumptions about the submission process.|
|Retain Copies of Submitted Documents||Keep copies of all submitted documents and forms for your records.||Don’t discard any documents after submission; you might need them for reference.|
|Be Patient During Processing||Be patient during the processing period, as it may vary based on verification and administrative processes.||Don’t rush or panic if you don’t receive an immediate response; processing times can vary.|
|Notify Changes in Contact Information||If your contact information changes, notify the EPFO office to ensure proper communication.||Don’t forget to update the EPFO office if there are changes to your contact details.|
Remember that the information provided here is a general guideline. Always refer to the official EPFO sources and follow their instructions for accurate and up-to-date information.
- Ensure that all information provided in Form 10D is accurate and matches the supporting documents.
- Keep copies of all documents submitted for your records.
- Follow up with the EPFO office if you don’t receive any communication within a reasonable time frame.
- It’s advisable to visit the official EPFO website or contact the regional EPFO office to verify the current submission process and requirements, as they may vary over time.
Call to action:
If you are a pensioner, you can download the required forms and certificates from the EPFO website. You can also submit your claim online through the EPFO’s website.
The EPFO has made it easier for pensioners to claim their benefits. With the new procedures, you can easily claim your pension and start receiving your benefits on time.
In addition to the above, here are some other things to keep in mind when submitting your pension claim:
- All of the documents must be original or certified copies.
- The documents must be in good condition and should not be damaged or tampered with.
- The documents must be submitted within 12 months of the date of retirement.
If you have any questions about the pension claim process, you can contact the EPFO helpline at 1800118005.
Q1: What is Form 10D? A1: Form 10D is an application form used to claim family pension by eligible family members of a deceased employee covered under the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) under the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) in India.
Q2: Who is eligible to apply using Form 10D? A2: Family members, including spouses, children, and dependent parents, are eligible to apply for family pension using Form 10D in case of the demise of the EPS-covered employee.
Q3: What documents are required to submit along with Form 10D? A3: The documents required include the filled and signed Form 10D, death certificate of the employee, dependent family member proof (birth/marriage certificates), identity proofs of family members, bank account details, canceled cheque, employee’s EPF account details, and nomination details.
Q4: How can I obtain Form 10D? A4: Form 10D can be obtained from the official website of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) or from your employer’s HR department.
Q5: How do I fill out Form 10D? A5: Carefully fill out all the required information in Form 10D, including details of the deceased employee, family members, bank account information, and more.
Q6: Can I submit Form 10D online? A6: As of my last update in September 2021, the submission of Form 10D might not be available online. It’s recommended to visit the official EPFO website or contact the regional EPFO office to check the current submission process.
Q7: Where do I submit Form 10D? A7: You need to submit the filled and signed Form 10D along with the attached documents to the nearest regional EPFO office.
Q8: What happens after I submit Form 10D? A8: The EPFO office will verify the submitted documents and information. If everything is accurate and in order, they will process the application for family pension.
Q9: How long does it take for the family pension to be disbursed? A9: The processing time may vary, but once the application is approved, the family pension amount will be disbursed to the nominated bank account of the eligible family member(s).
Q10: What should I do if I don’t receive any communication after submission? A10: If you don’t receive any communication within a reasonable time frame, consider following up with the EPFO office to inquire about the status of your application.
Q11: Can I claim family pension if the deceased employee had nominated me earlier? A11: Yes, if the deceased employee had nominated you for receiving pension benefits in the event of their demise, you can include those nomination details in your Form 10D application.
Download Form 10D and Non-Employment Certificate Form
To help you get started, we’ve made Form 10D and the Non-Employment Certificate Form available for download:
- Form 10D: Download Form 10D
- Non-Employment Certificate Form: Download Non-Employment Certificate Form
These downloadable forms can assist you in preparing your family pension claim application accurately and efficiently.
Remember that the process and guidelines may change over time, so it’s essential to verify the current information from official sources or contact the relevant authorities for the most accurate and up-to-date guidance.
In conclusion, submitting Form 10D for family pension requires careful attention to detail and accurate documentation. It’s essential to provide all required documents to facilitate the smooth processing of the pension claim. Following the official guidelines and keeping accurate records will ensure a hassle-free process for claiming family pension benefits.